Monday, February 7, 2011

First Posting - The Why

To introduce myself, I am Adam Jones. I have never been to Malawi, I've never even traveled outside of this country known as America - yet.

I however have met many Malawians, some of work directly relates to development in Malawi, I have been given shirts, mugs, clocks, wood carvings, and half a dozen other things relating to Malawi. I advocate for Malawi on a daily basis. All of these are pretty shallow though.

Why? Because I believe that people can change the world. I'm not here to save it, but I am here to create a positive impact and currently I have the opportunity to do that in Malawi. I hope to go to Malawi some day but until then I will do my best to do everything I can to help, build awareness for Malawi via proxy and hopefully educate people by providing news, what exactly these people face.

I'm not here for charity, I'm not here to make you feel guilty, I'm here to empower and dispel preconceived notions about a nation with a low GDP who are proud, friendly, and hard working.

No comments:

Post a Comment